Dental implants are a popular tooth replacement option. Our office Gretna, LA offers dental implants for patients who are missing a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even an entire arch of teeth. Dental implants provide a comfortable, permanent, and secure fit. Furthermore, they are designed to look and function just like a natural tooth — patients often forget which tooth is supported by an implant!
At Oral Surgery Services in Gretna, LA, we are experts when it comes to dental implants. Dental implants have three parts: the dental implant, the connecting abutment, and the crown. The implant is made of titanium and is placed into the jaw by the oral surgeon. Titanium allows the implant to fuse with the jaw bone over a healing period, which usually lasts several weeks. This process is called osseointegration and provides unparalleled stability to the dental implant. The implant also stimulates bone growth in the jaw, thereby preserving bone health. Your oral surgeon inserts the connecting abutment after the healing period. A dentist places the crown.
Dental implants offer several benefits to patients, including
- Prevent further bone loss. Since the dental implant stimulates bone growth in the jaw, further bone loss is prevented.
- Simple care. Just like a natural tooth, dental implants require daily brushing and flossing to stay healthy.
- Long lasting. When properly cared for, dental implants can be permanent and last a lifetime.
- Speak with confidence. Unlike embarrassing clicking sounds and slipping that can occur with traditional dentures, dental implants look, feel, and function just like natural teeth.
- Eat the foods you love. Dental implants won’t fall out. Go ahead — enjoy your favorite foods again!
At OSS, we care about our patients and strive to deliver exceptional outcomes. We utilize the most advanced techniques and remain current with industry trends to provide superior results with the highest quality of care.
Where can I get dental implants in Gretna, LA?
Dental implants are a popular tooth replacement option for a reason. Along with their high success rate, dental implants are versatile, secure, and functional. Every dental implant is custom-designed to fit your mouth for the most natural appearance possible. If you are missing a tooth, multiple teeth, or even a whole arch of teeth, we encourage you to give us a call. We look forward to meeting you.