Full-arch restoration is a desirable option for patients who have several teeth that are missing or failing. This procedure is intended for patients who have severe tooth loss and want to replace an entire arch of teeth at once. Because full-arch restoration relies on the support of four or more implants, it is a permanent and secure tooth replacement solution.
What is full arch restoration?
The biggest advantage of a full-arch restoration for patients who are experiencing severe tooth loss is that it replaces an entire arch of teeth at one time. Multiple implant surgeries are unnecessary, and patients can begin to experience the benefits of a completely new smile immediately after the procedure.
The procedure includes an oral surgeon placing four or more implants into the arch. A temporary prosthesis will be placed over the implants during the healing period, during which time the implants will fuse with the jaw bone. A permanent arch is placed after the implants have healed.
Full-arch restoration offers several benefits:
- Permanent and secure. The full-arch restoration is designed to provide a permanent solution that will not fall out or slip. Eat, speak, and smile with confidence!
- Immediate results. Patients can see a completely new smile the same day as their implants are placed.
- Heal faster. As few as four implants are placed to reduce the number of surgical sites and provide maximum stability.
- Improved bone health. The new arch of teeth stimulates the bone under the gums to prevent bone loss.
- Easy to maintain. Taking care of your newly restored upper or lower arch of teeth is easy. After the healing period, they only require daily brushing and flossing. From time to time, you may need to see your oral surgeon or your dentist for an adjustment.
- Positive experience. Often, patients who are experiencing severe tooth loss report low-self-esteem. Having a brand-new smile feels good!
Full-Arch Restoration at Oral Surgery Services
If you have multiple missing or failing teeth, full-arch restoration may be the solution for you. If you would like to learn more about the full-arch restoration or discuss other tooth replacement options, we encourage you to call one of our offices in Metairie, LA, or Gretna, LA. We look forward to achieving your oral health goals.