At Oral Surgery Services, we want to exceed our patients’ goals for treatment and oral health. That’s why we use advanced techniques in our state-of-the-art practice. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) can be used together with several oral surgery procedures to promote healing.
Platelet-rich plasma speeds up the healing process by introducing a patient’s own blood platelets in high concentration. PRP promotes healthy healing, rapid vascularization, and bone and gum tissue growth.
Receiving PRP during a surgical procedure has many benefits:
- Faster healing. More blood platelets means the body is able to accelerate healing.
- Safe. The platelets are from the patient’s own blood, so it is a natural and convenient option for treatment.
- Cost-effective. Using the patient’s own blood platelets offers a more economical solution to harvested platelets
- Versatile. PRP is used in several surgical treatments
Can platelet-rich plasma be used during my procedure?
Platelet-rich plasma has prolific uses. Some of the most common procedures used together with PRP include
- General tooth extraction
- Wisdom teeth extraction
- Bone grafting for dental implants, such as sinus lifts and ridge augmentation
- Cleft lip and palate treatment
Platelet-rich plasma accelerates the rate of healing to provide results that are fast and optimal. If you are interested in PRP treatment, we encourage you to contact our office.